1) Some spiders produce what is called “dragline silk” and use it as a parachute to travel long distances through the air.
2) Katsaridaphobia is the fear of cockroaches
3) Dragonflies are the fastest flying insect, clocking speeds of up to 60 miles an hour
4) Only male crickets chirp
5) There are 60 species of ants in North America
6) Bed bugs can go up to a year without eating
7) An adult rat can squeeze into your home through a hole the size of a quarter
8) A single brown bat can catch up to 1,200 mosquitoes in an hour
9) Raccoons can rotate their hind feet backwards, to help them climb down trees
10) Though often hard to find because they are nocturnal, New Brunswick has a significant population of flying squirrels!